This has been RESOLVED. Hang on for the ride.

We have set up on GoDaddy, a DNS record pointing to ouribmi.dilgard.com
that points to one of our external IPs. The Meraki router then sends that
to our IBM i. Internal DNS has ouribmi.dilgard.com pointing directly to
our IBM i. (It's not really "ouribmi.dilgard.com" that's just what I'm
telling you.)

What this does is allow our salespeople to use Mochasoft 5250 either
internally or externally and double-click the same desktop icon and get a
5250 session over SSL. Whether they're in the office or not.

A few months back we replaced the internal Windows DNS server with
redundant Linux DNS servers. Unbeknownst to me, the firm setting them up
failed to put the ouribmi.dilgard.com record in there.

The Meraki evidently had ouribmi.dilgard.com cached because everything was
fine until just a few weeks ago when it got a firmware update. Right after
that those 2 desktops started having the disconnect issue.

Just yesterday I went in to the internal DNS because I was running out of
ideas. I could not find an entry for ouribmi.dilgard.com. Light bulb goes
on. My desktop ACS uses the hardcoded IP address for the IBM i. I changed
it to ouribmi.dilgard.com and MY sessions started disconnecting. Eureka!

The desktops with the issue used ouribmi.dilgard.com while everyone else
had the IP hardcoded. I switched them to hardcoded IP and the disconnect
stopped. They were going out onto the internet to come right back in here.

Gotta get the guy to put in the ouribmi.dilgard.com record.