From: PcTech [mailto:pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jeff Crosby
Sent: Friday, February 02, 2018 6:21 AM
To: PC Technical Discussion for iSeries Users <pctech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [PCTECH] ACS sessions disconnecting

Anyone got any ideas? It's still happening. I'm about ready to start
swapping out cables.

On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 3:28 PM, Jeff Crosby <jlcrosby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Arrgh. Forgot to add: We also have Mochasoft and those sessions do
NOT disconnect.

On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 3:25 PM, Jeff Crosby
<jlcrosby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

All,

V7R1, using ACS.

About 2-3 weeks ago, on 2 of our Windows 10 desktops, the 5250
sessions started disconnecting after a relatively short period of
non-use. Like maybe 10-15 minutes. One desktop is local, the other is
remote via VPN.
These are the only 2 desktops doing this, all other desktops (Win 7
and Win
10) are fine. For that reason, I'm assuming it's something at the PC
level, hence posting to this list.

You can reconnect with a mouse click.

The night before this started, our Meraki MX60 routers received a
firmware update, but I don't see how that would affect this. But I
thought I'd mention it.

I'm concentrating on the local one right now because it's easier to
troubleshoot local.

I have checked the power settings of the desktops. They never go to
sleep.

In ACS, I went to Communication/Configure/Advanced and set Keep-Alive
to yes. No joy.

In ACS, I went to Communication/Configure and set Auto-Reconnect to yes.
No joy. (But the use did notice.)

The local one has had 2 java updates since and still no joy.

What else should I be looking at?

Thanks.

--

Jeff Crosby
VP Information Systems

The opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily the opinion of
my company. Unless I say so.