Thanks Jim - have no real need for VPN - just a nice-to-have - so lack of industrial strength is not a problem.

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com

On Feb 28, 2015, at 11:21 PM, Jim Oberholtzer <midrangel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I concur with the Asus products. The VPN is workable but not industrial
strength so keep that in mind.

I use them (and this one specifically) in small office environments too.

--
Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects

-----Original Message-----
From: PcTech [mailto:pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jon Paris
Sent: Saturday, February 28, 2015 3:35 PM
To: PCTech At Midrange
Subject: Re: [PCTECH] Router Suggestions

Thanks Richard - looking hard at a number of ASUS models - they certainly
seem to be the ones who have got it right at the moment. I've been a fan of
Netgear for many years (and before that Cisco) but both seem to have gone
down badly in recent years.

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com