We went to an Evault solution for our System i through an IBM BP. Coupled
it with DR and were able to eliminate a couple of tape libraries (read
"maintenance" on those tape libraries) to help justify it. Seems to be
working well, though it's still new. The stand up test should come within
the next few weeks.

We also looked at an online backup solution for our Windows servers through
that same BP and you're absolutely right about the price. Staggering. We
could completely duplicate all server hardware for the cost of about 4
months online storage. IOW the same expense as replacing all Windows
server hardware every 4 months. I thought the cost was a misprint. Words
escape me.