Jerry -

Threads on various lists here have dealt with similar security problems involving Vista and Windows 7. The Windows Vista and Windows 7 User Access Control (UAC) feature puts restrictions on creating files in the system root folder for non-administrative users.

IMHO, the solution is to have the user create a /new/ folder in the root directory ( for example, C:\downloadxxxxxx ) which can be used to contain the transfer request, .fdf, and other transfer-related objects, copy the existing file transfer objects into the new folder, and then modify and save the file transfer request to save the transferred data to a file within this new folder.

- sjl