My ThinkPad and it's docking station have been rock solid for almost four years. The only issue I had with the laptop was generated from Redmond, and was easily (well, not so much) fixed with a FDISK and reformat of the drive. Win7 has been very good (regrettably since it solidifies Redmonds hold on the desk top) just a bit hard on memory.

I have docked and undocked many times with mine with out a problem, but I use the ThinkPad utility to do the docking/undocking.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects

On 4/13/2011 4:31 PM, David Gibbs wrote:
Joe Pluta wrote:
> I was actually just being lighthearted,
Yeah, I know<grin/>.

> but truthfully I've had enough of each to know what I like. My
> daughter had nothing but problems with her Dell and will never get
> another,
I've had relatively good experiences with Dell ... except for my E6400, which had no hardware problems but I wasn't happy with the design. All my PowerEdge server's (including the one I'm about to retire) have been rock solid.

Since I use my laptop as my main computer, I need a docking station ... and I don't think toshiba's have true docking stations. Thinkpad's do, but I've never been impressed with those.

david