I think you need to enable ActiveSync on the Exchange Server, and setup NAT
on the firewall for SSL (port 443). If you haven't already, get to Exchange
2007 SP1, as ActiveSync works a lot better. It may need to be enabled on a
per user basis as well; it is on by default but some admins turn it off when
setting up users.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exchange_ActiveSync

IMHO the reverse proxy isn't necessary, but I found an article about setting
it up for OWA, which will make ActiveSync work as well. I can't vouch for
whether it actually works.

http://www.agix.com.au/blog/2010/06/configure-apache-as-a-reverse-proxy/

As an aside, if you are the Exchange administrator and have remote Outlook
users, explore setting up Outlook Anywhere. Outlook can connect directly
(and securely) to Exchange using HTTPS, so no VPN is necessary. It works
nicely.

http://tinyurl.com/2vfe6p7

---------
Tom Jedrzejewicz
tomjedrz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 6:41 AM, Chuck Lewis