I have had a Kindle 2 for well over a year and have read many, many
hours on it without ever experiencing the problem you describe. I
love my Kindle!

Out of curiosity I googled. Apparently, there is a problem with a
particular batch of the eInk screens, distributed among all of the
reader flavors. You could exchange it. I also read that some screen
protectors block UV and so eliminate the problem. I put a screen
protector on my Kindle the day I got it, so I could have a bad screen
and not know it.

--> http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showpost.php?p=905777&postcount=5

---------
Tom Jedrzejewicz