Dan,

Depends on the models but, yes.

A few driver disks will ask if it is a network install, find the
printer, ask for the IP settings and then do everything.

Most expect you to config the IP on the printer and then during the
driver install don't let it find it (auto for usb...) then when it asks
for the port go down to Add a Port and specify Standard TCP/IP. Take the
standard networking advice and set static IPs on the printers. Dynamic
really really doesn't work on a home network for this.

Roger Vicker, CCP

On 7/4/2009 6:21 PM, Dan arranged the binary bits such that:
I have two different model HP Laser Jets sitting in the basement that have
the ethernet port in the back.

My home network consists of several client PCs connected via cable router.
Can I "network" the printer? If yes, would I just install the driver for
printer on each PC and give it the assigned IP address?

I'm asking here before just trying because these heavy duty suckers are
heavy, and would have to be taken down a flight of stairs in order to test
them.

TIA,
Dan