We bought a couple of Dell D830's for work awhile back. At the same time I bought one for my son who will be a freshman at Trine University (formerly Tri-State) this fall. (Buying 3 gets a qty discount . . .) After buying it, my son saw on Trine's website that their recommendations for student laptops were either D630 or D830. His exact words to me were "Good call on the laptop, Dad."

We bought Dell D410's almost 3 years ago now for most of our outside sales force. Our salespeople are really rough on them - they make upwards of 20 calls a day, constantly opening, closing, hibernating, you name it. We've had almost zero problems.

In the past, we've used Thinkpads, Acers, Toshiba, and even Grid. I fully intend to buy nothing but Dell laptops from here on out.