Isolation or protection is not really the issue, in my case. That much
is for sure.
Dan is right - I had pong and that was it.
I did not do LAQ's in the 5th grade either. Our little scholar has
completed 6 books with Literary Analysis Questions (LAQ's) and I am
afraid the manhours for that alone is enought to warp a young mind - I
hope not.
I forgot to mention that our 5th grader reported someone while
embedded in RPG chat trying to sell companionship 24/7 while I was
looking over his shoulder.
I think it was to impress me with maturity. It worked.
Dudes, this has nothing to do with protection. These kids get the
world handed to them on a silver spoon. The issue is more about
balance, right/wrong and being responsible.