On Jan 29, 2008 6:43 PM, Peter Vidal <Peter_Vidal@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am on Win/XP and I am exploring the possibilities of going to Win Vista
Ultimate. Any issue that I have to be aware besides some
hardware/software incompatibilities? I know there is a lot of info

Well, my advice for upgrading to Vista:

* Make a list of your critical applications. Make sure each vendor
supports running the Application running under Windows Vista.
* Make a list of external Hardware. Make sure each vendor supports the
hardware with Windows Vista fully. Be aware that "Limited" Support is
common for older devices. A MFP with limited support might still
print, but you can no longer scan to Windows Vista
* If your PC is older than a year, purchase a new one that was
designed for Windows Vista and ships with it. Make that it says
"Windows Vista ready" or "Premium Ready". "Capable" means just that it
meets the bare minimum
* For full enjoyment, use these HW specs:
Minimum/Office: Intel or AMD Dualcore CPU with around 2 Ghz, 2GB RAM,
a 7200 RPM Harddisk, a Vista Capable Onboard Graphics Card, 32bit
Vista
Full use/Admin/Dev: Intel or AMD Quadcore CPU with 2.5 - 3 Ghz, 4GB
RAM, a 7200 RPM Harddisk, an external DirectX 10 capable Graphics
Card, 64bit Vista

Be aware that you need 64bit Vista for a System with more than
3.25-3.5GB RAM. Be aware that using 64bit Software will cut off a few
more older devices. Printers are usually the critical factor here. If
you don't need printing much and you have a halfway decent printers,
you can use a generic PCL or PS printers driver.