Alan, Why C++? And what's the UI? Seriously, C++ is used, yes, but generally
in specific places these days. I'd look at Java or C# and assume a web
front end. -Walden
Thanks Walden, Thing is I've read up on C and C++ and just need to apply it for a short time before jumping into Java. I got started on reading about C++ first (before Java) some awhile agone per a general comment from John Sears... Definitely planning on doing more than just C++ and Java, too of course...

And thanks to everybody that replied! Blessings on you!

It'll be a little slow, as I have a life :) but with a little here, a little here, and it'll come around..

--Alan