As much as I really dislike IE, I realize a lot of people use it ... so
the fancy shmancy stuff I've been adding to the archives has to tested
in both Firefox and IE.

Problem is, I'm having a devil of a time figuring out what is causing IE
problems with some of the stuff I'm doing.

I've got a page that renders _fine_ in Firefox ... but when I try to
display the same page in IE, it displays half the page, then pops up a
dialog indicating that the page could not be displayed and the operation
was aborted.  When I click the OK button, it takes me to a built-in page
that tells me there was a connection problem.

Because I get the error just after the content that is manipulated with
javascript is displayed, I know the problem is occurring there ... but I
can't figure out what is causing IE problems.

I've encountered this on both IE 7 and IE 6.

Does anyone have recommendations for diagnosing javascript problems with
IE?  I've tried MS's javascript debugger, but can't figure it out.

Thanks!

david

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

This thread ...

Follow-Ups:

Follow On AppleNews
Return to Archive home page | Return to MIDRANGE.COM home page

This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2022 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact [javascript protected email address].

Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.