On 9/28/06, Antonio Fernandez-Vicenti <afvaiv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Don, thanks for your answer. The problem is she has a "legal" problem
and needs to "demonstrate" she sent a given mail at a certain date, and
if she prints it then it shows as having been sent TODAY... which
doesn't help at all. And her ISP, obviously, does not keep a copy  of
all mails sent by his clients...
For the future, she may migrate to Win/XP, or use Mozilla, or whatever,
but the problem is with mails already sent time ago, and now she can't
demonstrate she sent that one one year ago, even though she did.
Thanks anyway,
Antonio

If I'm a lawyer on the other side, I see holes all over this idea.  I'd
argue that anyone could change the system date & time to fudge a timestamp
on an email.  Heck, hackers could get into the mailfile and change the
timestamp on the email.

But if the other side has offered to take a printed email as proof, well
Bill's suggestion might work.

If the correct date shows up on screen, would a print-screen of the email be
enough proof?

Maybe print the email to a PDF, open up the PDF, select all, copy, open up
Word and paste, then change the sent date and print that?

Good luck, Antonio.

- Dan