Don, thanks for your answer. The problem is she has a "legal" problem and needs to "demonstrate" she sent a given mail at a certain date, and if she prints it then it shows as having been sent TODAY... which doesn't help at all. And her ISP, obviously, does not keep a copy of all mails sent by his clients... For the future, she may migrate to Win/XP, or use Mozilla, or whatever, but the problem is with mails already sent time ago, and now she can't demonstrate she sent that one one year ago, even though she did.
Thanks anyway,
Antonio
Dan escribió:

Well, first of all, it's Microsoft, so caveat emptor.  Dunno if it's a
virus; that wouldn't be the typical symptoms of a virus. Just a WAG, but it
could be a bug or possibly corruption of her mail file.

Probably not the answer you or your friend is looking for, but you might
want to try one of a few free alternatives.  The one I can speak for is
Mozilla Thunderbird.  I don't know if Outlook Express has the same "Infect
Me!" sign taped to its back like Outlook does, but I was never a fan of
O.E.'s UI.  Everything I've heard about Tbird is that it's safer to use than
Outlook, and that may hold true as well for O.E.

My .02,
Dan