Seems like a good spot to start this question. I'll move it elsewhere if needed.

I've been trying to make sense of the <Run SQL scripts..> option within iSeries
Navigator for a while. It has one puzzling problem that I can't find the
pattern for.

About a fourth of the time, I open one of those windows and the Edit/SQL
Assist... option is grayed out. There hasn't been anything I've found that gets
it enabled again except close that window and try again. I might have two
windows open and working fine. Open a third and the option is disabled. Same
database.

At times, it's handy to use one window to tweak some SQL and use a second
window to paste good statements in to. The statement history can be kept
manageable.

But opening and closing a window until I get one that works seems weird.

Anybody have a hint?

iNav V5R3M0 service level SI21917

Thanks.

Tom Liotta