Hi list!  I am writing to you because sadly, I cannot call anybody in tech
support for this issue because they are not supporting this product
anymore, starting Dec/1/2005.

My problem is that LiveUpdate blows up at the end of the download and when
it starts to apply the subscription (which I think is for the additional
year of antivirus protection I bought back in 9/6/2005).  This is the log:

The following Symantec products and components are installed on your
computer.
> Common Client Core
> IDS Program Updates
> LiveUpdate
> Norton AntiVirus
> Norton AntiVirus Virus Definitions
> Norton CleanSweep
> Norton Ghost
> Norton Password Manager
> Norton SystemWorks
> Norton Utilities NT
> Norton WMI Update
> ScriptBlocking
> Subscription Services
> Symantec Common Driver: SymEvent
> Symantec Redirector
> Symantec Security Response Submission Software Updates
> Symantec Shared Components

Initializing...
Connecting to liveupdate.symantecliveupdate.com...

Downloading catalog file (1 of 29), complete.
Opening update list
The digital signature found on the catalog file has been signed by
Symantec Corporation.
Processing update list
Opening update list
Processing update list
Downloading catalog file (2 of 29), product up-to-date.
Downloading catalog file (3 of 29), product up-to-date.
Downloading catalog file (4 of 29), product up-to-date.
Downloading catalog file (5 of 29), product up-to-date.
Downloading catalog file (6 of 29), product up-to-date.
Downloading catalog file (7 of 29), product up-to-date.
Downloading catalog file (8 of 29), product up-to-date.
Downloading catalog file (9 of 29), complete.
Opening update list
The digital signature found on the catalog file has been signed by
Symantec Corporation.
Processing update list
Opening update list
Processing update list
Downloading catalog file (10 of 29), product up-to-date.
Downloading catalog file (11 of 29), product up-to-date.
Downloading catalog file (12 of 29), product up-to-date.
Downloading catalog file (13 of 29), product up-to-date.
Downloading catalog file (14 of 29), complete.
Opening update list
The digital signature found on the catalog file has been signed by
Symantec Corporation.
Processing update list
Opening update list
Processing update list
Downloading catalog file (15 of 29), complete.
Opening update list
The digital signature found on the catalog file has been signed by
Symantec Corporation.
Processing update list
Opening update list
Processing update list
Downloading catalog file (16 of 29), complete.
Opening update list
The digital signature found on the catalog file has been signed by
Symantec Corporation.
Processing update list
Opening update list
Processing update list
Downloading catalog file (17 of 29), product up-to-date.
Downloading catalog file (18 of 29), product up-to-date.
Downloading catalog file (19 of 29), product up-to-date.
Downloading catalog file (20 of 29), complete.
Opening update list
The digital signature found on the catalog file has been signed by
Symantec Corporation.
Processing update list
Opening update list
Processing update list
Downloading catalog file (21 of 29), product up-to-date.
Downloading catalog file (22 of 29), product up-to-date.
Downloading catalog file (23 of 29), complete.
Opening update list
The digital signature found on the catalog file has been signed by
Symantec Corporation.
Processing update list
Opening update list
Processing update list
Downloading catalog file (24 of 29), product up-to-date.
Downloading catalog file (25 of 29), complete.
Opening update list
The digital signature found on the catalog file has been signed by
Symantec Corporation.
Processing update list
Opening update list
Processing update list
Downloading catalog file (26 of 29), product up-to-date.
Downloading catalog file (27 of 29), product up-to-date.
Downloading catalog file (28 of 29), product up-to-date.
Downloading catalog file (29 of 29), product up-to-date.

The following updates have been found:
> Subscription Services,  1469.5 KB
Total Download 1469.5 KB

Downloading Subscription Services (1 of 1), complete.

Installing Subscription Services (1 of 1), failed.
LU1812: A program that was part of this update failed when it ran.  This update
was not applied.

Installation failed, error summary...
LU1806: LiveUpdate downloaded all of the updates you requested, but all of them
failed to install.  Please try to get the updates at a later time.

LiveUpdate session is complete.

I have uninstalled the whole application and installed it again, allowed
their automated support assistant to take care of the issue but is still
recommending to reboot the PC and start LiveUpdate again.  Well, I have
done that dozen of times.  I do not think I should get Symantec Norton
SystemWorks 2006 because I am fine with the current product and I have
antivirus coverage at least until Sept/06.

Do you have any recommendations or at least a phone number so I can
contact them?

Recommendations are appreciated.

TIA,

Peter Vidal
PALL Corporation / SR Programmer Analyst, IT Development Group
10540 Ridge Rd., Ste 203, New Port Richey, FL 34654-5111
http://www.pall.com

"Labor to keep alive in your heart that little spark of celestial fire -
Conscience."
George Washington