<laughing>

Yeah, cache is indeed king.  This RAID question is for an xSeries,
though, so the cost-effectiveness is actually an issue.  RAID-1 costs
quite a bit more than RAID-5.  Also, the ServeRAID cards are
significantly different; the older 6M is rated at 320MB, but the newer
7K is only 256MB.  However, at the same cache (256MB), the 7K is nearly
$1000 cheaper.  You're telling me that the difference between 256MB and
320MB is probably not significant during normal processing, so that
$1000 can go toward RAM or processor speed.

Joe