From: pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Reinardy, James
Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2005 4:02 PM
To: PC Technical Discussion for iSeries Users
Subject: RE: [PCTECH] Notebook Choices

We have been using Dell here for the last two years, after trying Compaq
and IBM.  The big thing with the Dells is what support plan you are on.
For laptops, we pay slightly more for their CompleteCare program.  With
that, parts are replaced onsite, no questions asked, regardless of who
is at fault.  For our salespeople, we just coordinate schedules and Dell
will meet them at their hotels if they are on the road.  We had some of
our units on lesser plans and had much more trouble getting the onsite
repairs.

If you pay for depot service, you get depot service. However, they may
not officially send out parts, but you can usually talk them into it.  I
don't think this is any different from the other vendors.

Jim