I tried your suggestion with "For Each rngCell In Target.Cells", but
same problem.

I probably took the cheap way out, but I inserted an On Error
statement (prior to the "If Target.Column...") that takes it to the
Application.EnableEvents = True statement.  Works like a charm.

Figured out how to digitally sign so I would stop getting the annoying
"Macros Warning" every time I opened the file.

I tried your advice on the Immediate window to re-enable the events
status, but nothing happened.  Was there a way to "invoke" it after I
entered the code?