Am torn about whether to install RealNetwork's RealPlayer.  Ziff-Davis
has an eSeminar coming up that I'd like to attend, and it requires
RealPlayer.  I seem to recall from eons ago that RealNetworks really
likes to take control of your PC, or acquire your permission to let it
act like spyware.

I am reading the EULA.  Paragraphs 6 (FIREWALL CONFIGURATION) and 7
(AUTOMATIC COMMUNICATIONS FEATURES) concern me.  They are vague enough
that they could mean that RN assumes the right to manipulate my
firewall without notifying me and install anything they want without
notifying me.

Note that I tend to read license agreements with a cynical eye.  My
ISP has what appears to be some very nice diags software but, OMG, the
license agreement gave them total power and ownership of my PC and
completely indemnified them for any problems that might occur.  I
complained about it, and was told by the ISP that the software really
was benign and that they would never do anything without my
permission, blah, blah, blah.  I told them to put what they said in
writing.  They never did, and I never installed the software.

Please advise.

TIA,
Dan