From: PC Technical Discussion for iSeries Users
Date: 11/23/04 13:45:10
To: PC Technical Discussion for iSeries Users
Subject: Re: [PCTECH] VPN Set-Up (Cisco)

I have to disagree.

First, you should only be allowing ports across the VPN that are necessary.
If you have them all open going in, that is your biggest security hole.  The
reason is, I am not really worried about the home PC being a bridge into the
corporate network.  What I would be worried about is software (viruses,
spyware, etc) that is installed not he client computer.  They will invade
your network irregardless if they are able to connect over their home
broadband connection.

By killing their local internet connection, what scenario are you trying to
protect from?  People are going to use the Internet and I would rather have
them pull all that bandwidth over their own line and not over the VPN
connection.

I feel having good security rules will eliminate the risk.