Sorry guys.  I thought I had mentioned that before, but I traced back
through my messages and found that was not the case.  I was trying to pare
down the problem.  I figured that, once I got the data into the Access
database, I was fairly home free.

Here's why.  What we do now is update the Access database in a "local"
location, then we FTP that file to the web site.  FTP is a POC.

So, then, based on what you said about linking, I would have to change the
transfer to leave the .mdb file on the web site, and FTP the .csv (or
other?) files, that the Access tables link to, to the same system (folder)
as the Access table resides on.  I will have to talk to our webmaster about
setting up something like that.

Bottom line: Still not directly linking to the AS/400.  If I can get past
that error message ("You cannot use ODBC to import from, export to, or link
an external Microsoft Jet or ISAM database table to your database") that
Access threw at me, and keep the table definition so that it doesn't lose
it's column names, I should be all set.

Whatcha think?

db