?
> P.S. My wife avoided computer for a LONG time (stay at home
> mother) because while she appreciated that they provided our
> income via my job with them, she resented them because at the
> time I was working 60 hour weeks (salaried) and on call 24X7,
> 365/6 :-) She has been using one of our PC's now for about
> 2 years and has gotten pretty good with it, but she has
> developed an additional exercise program for me. The computer
> she uses is in an extra room and I am downstairs doing something
> and I hear "Chuck, can you come here for a minute) and it's up
> the stairs, quick question/brief explanation and back down, and
> sometimes it repeats :-)

LOL!

Usually the call I hear is a loud grunt in frustration.  My wife has been a
computer neophyte for almost ten years now.

On the other end of the scale is my 15-year old son.  Not afraid of anything
he does to a computer.  Gave him a throwaway (due to obsolesence at a
previous company) Compaq a few years ago, and he loaded up the 6GB faster
than I thought possible.  I tell him "do NOT install anything on MY pc
without MY EXPLICIT permission.  Do NOT change my desktop or settings.
Period."  (I can hear the BTDT's already!)  "But Dad, it's just Yahoo chat"
(substitute any one of thousands of downloadable titles.)  Or, one of my
favorites, "I just wanted to see if it does the same thing on your PC".
OTOH, he is the first person his teachers go to when they have a problem.  I
warn them.  He doesn't believe in reading instructions.

I rue the day I lost the key that locks the input devices.

db