Having just re-installed XP Pro after a disk failure, I then installed a fairly old Client Access version. I can't find out which but probably 3.1.2.

Now if I right click on a folder anywhere I get

 "CWBNACFS.DLL cannot run. Unable to get a handle to
CwbRdr"

A search on Google produced APAR II10147 showing a solution dating back to April 1997 but the solution is for Win 95 or NT.

I am also getting slow log on, etc.

The APAR reads

______________________

APAR#: II10147 Component: INFOAS400 - AS/400 Information Release(s): R310

Abstract
CA400WIN95 KNOWN WINDOWS NT PROBLEMS V3R1M2

Error Description

** Last updated 11/04/97 **

Contents:
1.0  "CWBNACFS.DLL cannot run." Message box
2.0  Slow logon, or CTRL+ALT+DEL to get to desktop
3.0  Only printers displayed in Network Neighborhood
4.0  Can't assign network drive

1.0 "CWBNACFS.DLL cannot run." Message box ------------------------------------------- If right clicking on an icon on the desktop results in a message box displaying the following error message: "CWBNACFS.DLL cannot run. Unable to get a handle to CwbRdr", then do the following steps:

Go to Start \ Settings \ Control Panel \ Devices.
Select CwbRdr, then Startup and change the setting
from Manual to Automatic. Then reboot the PC.

2.0 Slow logon, or CTRL+ALT+DEL to get to desktop -------------------------------------------------- If logging onto Windows NT is taking 2-3 minutes, or if you have to press CTRL+ALT+DEL to get to the desktop, then do the following steps:

3.0 Only printers displayed in Network Neighborhood ---------------------------------------------------- If only AS/400 printers are displayed in Network Neighborhood, then do the following steps:

4.0 Can't assign network drive ------------------------------- If you cannot assign a network drive, then do following before contacting service:

Go to Start \ Settings \ Control Panel \ Devices.
Select CwbRdr, then Startup and change the setting
from Manual to Automatic. Then reboot the PC.

I have found CwbRdr in

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers

last modified 02/01/1997 (UK date) at 3.12

I have no idea how to achieve a similar result in XP Pro.

Any ideas please?

Many thanks

Rob Dixon