From: pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Rob Dixon
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2003 4:24 PM
To: PC Technical Discussion for iSeries Users
Subject: Re: [PcTech] Recovering XP Pro after Thinkpad hard disk

Chuck

Chuck Lewis wrote:

>Wow Rob that is AWESOME ! Have any pictures you could share ?

How many would you like??  It is very photogenic!  But for starters, you
could click on http://www.erros.co.uk/
and then on Boarstall.  I am going to create a web site for the tower,
but sorting out PC's gets in the way.  By the way, my AS/400 is in the
tower which survived an attack in 1645 during the British Civil war by
1,200 soldiers with cannon, mortars, etc. (300 of them died!) and also a
10 week  seige in 1646, so perhaps, symbolically at least, I have the
most secure Internet server in the world???

There was a short article about it in the July ? 2003 edition of eServer
or Iseries news in the American edition.

>I don't blame
>you then. What about satellite ?
>
>And I would HIGHLY recommend Sophos. They are made up of a group of the
>heart and soul of Dr. Solomon. They formed Sophos after Network Associates
>bought every PC utility software vendor no the face of the earth years back
>:-)
>
>I've been using them about 6 years and if I have a question they bend over
>backwards to help. If I have a suggestion they run with it ! Really neat

I have already downloaded a trial.

I did a total re-install (much muttering) of XP Pro and loaded Service
Pack 1 and the Sophos AV before I connected to the Internet and I
remembered to set the XP Pro firewall on for the connection beforehand,
rather than  later on as yesterday, and, so far at least, I am getting
there and have restored my emails into Netscape and this is one of the
results.

best wishes

Rob