We document third party repositories here:
[1]https://ibmi-oss-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/yum/3RD_PARTY_REPOS.html

----- Original message -----
From: "Hopkins, Matt" <Matt.Hopkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: "OpenSource" <opensource-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: IBMi Open Source Roundtable <opensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [IBMiOSS] FW: PHP mail() getting sh: -t: not
found
Date: Thu, Jan 7, 2021 1:00 PM

Calvin,

Thanks for that information. I was suspecting that I needed something
else, but I didn't know what. I found the QSECO.FR repositories and
installed msmtp and got it working.

In that vein, is there a list of repositories that can be added to yum
for the IBMi open source? I currently have:

ibm.repo
qsecofr.repo
repos.zend.com_ibmiphp_.repo
rpms.sobo.red_ibmi_.repo

Matt Hopkins

On 1/6/21, 12:19 PM, "OpenSource on behalf of Calvin Buckley"
<opensource-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of calvin@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

    CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do
not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and
know the content is safe.

    The mail() function in PHP needs a program that implements sendmail,
    since it delegates the actual mail sending part to it. I assume
you'd
    just want SMTP, then msmtp provides a sendmail implementation that
    works with PHP without being an entire mail server in of itself. I
    think others might have packaged things like Dovecot if that's not
    enough. You can grab them from repositories like QSECOFR. They need
    configuration so they know where to send mail.

    Shameless self-promotion: I work at Seiden Group and we offer a
    commercially-supported version of community PHP. Among the things it
    includes, there's a sendmail program (msmtp) packaged plus
    documentation and expert guidance on how to use it.
    [2]https://www.seidengroup.com/communityplus-php-for-ibm-i/ ;

    On Wed, 2021-01-06 at 15:36 +0000, Hopkins, Matt wrote:
    > Good morning….
    >
    > I have the open source PHP installed on my development box and
have
    > successfully implemented SimpleSamlPhp that gets me logged into a
    > clients web portal. I am trying to add some error handling that
will
    > send an email when something goes wrong. I have in my php.ini file
    > the SMTP, sendmail_from, and smtp_port set. Everything seems to
work
    > fine, except I don’t get the email. I get an entry in the email
log
    > that an email was sent, but in the error log I get:
    >
    > sh: -t:  not found
    >
    > I have searched the web but nothing specific to the IBMi comes up.
    > The one thing that seems to come up most for other platforms is to
    > add a sendmail_path entry in the php.ini file. I have searched for
    > file called sendmail in the /QOpenSys area but none was found, so
    > don’t know what to put in the sendmail_path setting.
    >
    > Does anyone have an idea on what I need to do to fix it?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Matt Hopkins

    at [4]https://archive.midrange.com/opensource ;.

    Help support midrange.com by shopping at amazon.com with our