in the opensource repository ftp://openmax.duckdns.org/IBMi_Repo/ Massimo has provided a postgresql build 11.3 and 11.5 for V7.3 i believe

Bryan

Mark Waterbury wrote on 11/15/2019 3:50 PM:
Carlo,
What version/release of IBM_i or OS/400 you are trying to do this on?  (it may make a difference -- for IBM_i 5.4 or 6.1, you want AIX 5.3 packages, for IBM_i 7.1 or 7.2, you want AIX 6.1 packages.)
That idevcloud page is "dated"... it mentions PostGreSQL ver. 8.4.8, but PostGreSQL is now at 12.1

You can also find a copy of IBM's AIX XLC compiler and download the "free trial", and you can install that under PASE ...  see here:

    https://www.ibm.com/us-en/marketplace/xl-cpp-aix-compiler-power
But, perhaps a better, more modern approach is to just use GCC?  If you are on a recent IBM_i version, (7.2, 7.3, 7.4), there are yum RPM packages to just download and install that stuff easily.

Also, depending on your needs, you might find a pre-compiled binary version of PostGreSQL for AIX ready to download and install, here:
    http://www.perzl.org/aix/
(They appear to have PostGreSQL 9.3.5.1 pre-built for AIX.)
This site:    https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/aix-toolbox-linux-applications-downloads-alpha

also has copies of PostGreSQL 11.5 for AIX ...
See also:
    http://www.bullfreeware.com/
for another good source of open source software packages for AIX.

I cannot guarantee that these will all just install and run "as is" under PASE, but many often work.
Hope that helps ...
Mark S. Waterbury