itoolkit can be pip installed just fine* so long as you have GCC and some
other tools installed.

ibm-db can not be pip installed directly since the IBM i-related changes
have not been merged upstream. My suggest would be to either git clone or
download one of the tagged releases from my github, eg
[1]https://github.com/kadler/python-ibmdb/tree/2.0.5.9 or
[2]https://github.com/kadler/python-ibmdb/archive/2.0.5.9.zip

From the cloned/extracted directory, you can do

CFLAGS='-DPASE' python3 setup.py bdist_wheel

to create a wheel file, then do

pip install dist/ibm_db-*.whl

to install it in to your virtual environment.

You'll probably need to copy the SQLCLI header files as well. We have a
package for this now (sqlcli-devel), but Python doesn't look there so you
will have to pass -I/QOpenSys/pkgs/include/sqlcli (? I'm not sure the path
here - currently doing this from memory as I try to recover my laptop).

Good luck!

*on non-IBM i systems it can also be pip installed, you just need a trick
to disable building ilibcall, since that only works on IBM i

----
Kevin Adler
Software Development - Open Source, PASE, IBM i Access ODBC
IBM Systems, Dept 47U
Phone: +1-507-253-5111
Email: kadler@xxxxxxxxxx
015-3 C117