From: "Danny Rodius" <danny.rodius@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <opensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 02/21/2019 01:27 AM
Subject: [IBMiOSS] problem installing create-react-app package
Sent by: "OpenSource" <opensource-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello,

I'm trying to explore the node.js path on our iSeries.

After a couple of test we are trying to install the create-react-app
package.

However we are getting an error and the install is doing a rollback.

-bash-4.4$ npm init react-app todolist

npx: installed 63 in 7.294s

Creating a new React app in /home/RODIUSD/node_pj/todolist.

Installing packages. This might take a couple of minutes.

Installing react, react-dom, and react-scripts...

npm ERR! code EBADPLATFORM

npm ERR! notsup Unsupported platform for internal-ip@3.0.1: wanted
{"os":"android,darwin,freebsd,linux,openbsd,sunos,win32","arch":"any"}
(current: {"os":"aix","arch":"ppc64"})

npm ERR! notsup Valid OS:
android,darwin,freebsd,linux,openbsd,sunos,win32

npm ERR! notsup Valid Arch: any

npm ERR! notsup Actual OS: aix

npm ERR! notsup Actual Arch: ppc64

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:

npm ERR! /home/RODIUSD/.npm/_logs/2019-02-21T06_51_13_953Z-debug.log

Aborting installation.

npm install --save --save-exact --loglevel error react react-dom
react-scripts has failed.

Deleting generated file... node_modules

Deleting generated file... package.json

Deleting todolist/ from /home/RODIUSD/node_pj

Done.

-bash-4.4$

Seems one dependency is not able to run on aix.

Has anyone faced this problem already and what would be the solution, if
there is one.

Best regards,

Danny