We do have some plans to make the situation for interfacing with the
database a little easier, but I can't really talk about it at the moment.

Even still, If you want to call in to the database from PASE there already
exists libdb400. Is it binary compatible with Db2 Connect? Nope. Does it
have quirks/differences from Db2 Connect? Sure does. Is it total crap in a
lot of ways? Sure is! But it does work - the PHP, Python, Node.js, and
Ruby interfaces built on top of it are proof positive of that. If you or
others from the community want to write a .NET interface, there's plenty
of open source examples to build on from those other languages.

If you want the Db2 Connect .NET interface supported in PASE, the IBM i
team is not the one to complain to. In fact, I don't even think IBM is the
one to complain to anymore since it got spun off to Rocket Software. I
believe they own it or at least the work is contracted out to them.

I don't understand how any of this complaint ties in to XMLSERVICE or
ILEusion or any of that. As far as I'm concerned, they're completely
separate issues. And I don't understand your point about having to write
your own microservices. In fact a lot of the second half of your rant
seems like total ill-informed FUD, so I'm not going to even bother
responding to it.

I will say this, though: XMLSERVICE isn't going away and it will continue
to be part of the OS.

Again: *XMLSERVICE isn't going away*

You can continue to depend on XMLSERVICE while ILEusion gets hammered out
or even after it's hammered out for that matter. If you want to help make
XMLSERVICE better, that's welcomed as well.