So that you can roll-back updates?

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com

On Aug 1, 2018, at 1:19 PM, Justin Taylor <JUSTIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I haven't ever been in that file, so that must be the IBM default.

Any idea what the reasoning is? Since there's a setting, it seems there must be reasons for doing it both ways.

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron Bartell [mailto:aaronbartell@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2018 9:55 AM
To: IBMi Open Source Roundtable <opensource@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [IBMiOSS] RPM files in /QOpenSys/var/cache/...?

Yes, if your configs says so.

┌─[aaron @ KT4001]─[~]
└─[$]› cat /QOpenSys/etc/yum/yum.conf
[main]
cachedir=/QOpenSys/var/cache/yum
keepcache=1
debuglevel=2
logfile=/QOpenSys/var/log/yum.log
exactarch=1
obsoletes=1

# PUT YOUR REPOS HERE OR IN separate files named file.repo # in /QOpenSys/etc/yum/repos.d

Aaron Bartell
IBM i hosting, starting at $157/mo litmis.com/spaces

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 9:46 AM Justin Taylor <JUSTIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is it normal for the RPM files for installed apps to be retained in
this dir?
/QOpenSys/var/cache/yum/ibm/packages/

a moment to review the archives at
https://archive.midrange.com/opensource.