As Aaron said, you need to commit your changes. PEP 249 requires that
autocommit be disabled by default. You can either call commit() on your
connection object:

conn = ibm_db_dbi.connect()
cursor = conn.cursor()
cursor.execute('delete from employee')

conn.commit()

or you can enable auto commit:

conn = ibm_db_dbi.connect(conn_options={ibm_db_dbi.SQL_ATTR_AUTOCOMMIT :
ibm_db_dbi.SQL_AUTOCOMMIT_ON})
cursor = conn.cursor()
cursor.execute('delete from employee')

See the documentation for more info.
[1]https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0249/#commit

Kevin Adler
Software Development - PASE, Open Source, IBM i Access ODBC