From: Roger Harman <roger.harman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: "OpenSource" <opensource-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: IBMi Open Source Roundtable <opensource@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [IBMiOSS] Headless Browsing
Date: Mon, Oct 2, 2017 7:02 PM

You nailed it when you said "examples, tutorials....". I, too, think
that Kevin's suggestion of MechanicalSoup bears looking into - I
completely forgot about John's mention of it.

Git still confounds me but I see MechanicalSoup is installable via pip
and I've done so.

On another note... every time I run pip (actually, pip3), I get this:
You are using pip version 8.1.1, however version 9.0.1 is
available.
You should consider upgrading via the 'pip install --upgrade
pip' command.

I've tried various incantations of that suggestion to no avail. Is pip
(pip3), on the i, upgradeable in this fashion or is it via PTF?

Aaaargghh... RoboBrowser - Another option to consider! Jeez, I wish the
site I'm using had a web service.

Roger Harman
COMMON Certified Application Developer - ILE RPG on IBM i on Power