There's something odd here because if DB2_I5_NAMING_ON is active, then it should only be accepting / as the qualifier. That suggests to me that you haven't succeeded in setting it correctly but I'm darned if I can spot the "deliberate mistake".

This is the way I set options.

$options = array('i5_naming' => DB2_I5_NAMING_ON, 'i5_libl' => 'MYLIB1 MYLIB2' );

The do:

$conn = db2_connect($database, $user, $password, $options);

Alan Seiden has a presentation on using DB2 tat covers a lot of the bits and pieces. Can't get to the latest version on his site right now but there is this version on Zend's site http://static.zend.com/topics/DB2-and-PHP-best-practices-on-IBM-i.pdf <http://static.zend.com/topics/DB2-and-PHP-best-practices-on-IBM-i.pdf> might be worth a read to find some hints.

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com