Thanks everyone - I was able to SSH in and get everything configured and
working.

So now I am working on my ultimate goal which is to have a php cli script
run from the job scheduler at certain times of the day. I attempted to
create a shell script that will chroot into my jail, then call the php
script.

cat runAWS.sh
#! /bin/sh
chroot /QOpenSys/mwh001 /usr/bin/bsh
cd /home/mwh001/aws_php
php InstanceInterface_v2.php "$1" "$2"
exit

If I try to run this with a privileged profile from a 5250 command line.
[CALL PGM(QP2SHELL) ] I get a message that it is not found...

/QOpenSys/usr/bin/-sh: /QOpenSys/mwh001/home/mwh001/aws_php/runAWS.sh: not
found.

I get that error even when I go into PASE (QP2TERM) and call the shell
script from that command line.

I know the .sh script exists and is accessible from the profile, so I'm
not sure what it can't find. If I run each line interactively it works
like a charm...

-rwxrwxrwx 1 mwh001 0 120 Jan 5 14:28 runAWS.sh

Is there another way to run my php program in batch from the IBM i?

Matt Hopkins
EDI/Web Services Developer
Information Technology
--