One step forward.....

I installed the Perlz stuff hoping to get a version of wget that supports https. When I run wget with an https URL, I got this:

Unsupported scheme.

wget shows version 1.9.1 so I installed wget 1.15.1 OK! Run wget -V and now get:

Could not load program wget:
Dependent module /opt/freeware/lib/libcrypto.so could not be loaded.
Could not load module /opt/freeware/lib/libcrypto.so.
System error: No such file or directory

Seems like I recently saw a post about libcrypto.so from Kevin but it was TL;DR and I couldn't find what the solution was. Is there a package that should be installed or compiled?

Suggestions?