Hi John,

Here's the fix for opt 2:

$ cd ~
$ mkdir libssl_fix
$ cd libssl_fix
$ cp /opt/freeware/lib/libssl.a ~/libssl_fix
$ ar -x libssl.a
$ cp libssl.so.1.0.1 libssl.so.1
$ ar -rv libssl.a libssl.so.1
$ mv /opt/freeware/lib/libssl.a /opt/freeware/lib/libssl.a_sav20160826
$ cp libssl.a /opt/freeware/lib/

That fixed the libssl.a problem but then libcrypto.a wanted to also
complain so I did the same with that file...

$ cd ~
$ mkdir libcrypto_fix
$ cd libcrypto_fix
$ cp /opt/freeware/lib/libcrypto.a ~/libcrypto_fix
$ ar -x libcrypto.a
$ ls
libcrypto.a libcrypto.so.0.9.7 libcrypto.so.0.9.8
libcrypto.so.1.0.0 libcrypto.so.1.0.1
$ cp libcrypto.so.1.0.0 libcrypto.so.1
$ ar -rv libcrypto.a libcrypto.so.1
a - libcrypto.so.1
$ mv /opt/freeware/lib/libcrypto.a /opt/freeware/lib/libcrypto.a_sav20160826
$ cp libcrypto.a /opt/freeware/lib

Hope that helps others that come across this issue. If you use
perzl+5733OPS it is highly likely. In short, bookmark this post until we
find a better way.

Disclaimer: This is a hack. It is not guaranteed to fix all
libssl.a/libcrypto.a woes. Always backup files before you change them.

Aaron Bartell
litmis.com - Services for open source on IBM i

On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 10:16 AM, John Yeung <gallium.arsenide@xxxxxxxxx>