On Wednesday, July 27, 2016 06:03 PM, John Yeung wrote:

3 - Working on the native side has been a hot item. [...]
I don't yet have db2util in Litmis Spaces (maybe
in two weeks?). And the "Poor Mans Compile RPG from PASE" currently
only
has a Node.js implementation (hoping for a Python code donation pull
request).

In principle, this should be easy. But as yet I haven't been able to
get anything working just with itoolkit in Python. I mean, I don't
fully understand the itoolkit examples, I don't fully understand the
itoolkit interface, and in most cases, even if an itoolkit example
were to work, I wouldn't be able to check the effect on the QSYS.LIB
side. (I need to use itoolkit to check whether itoolkit is working.
Hmm....)

John Y.

I'm not a big fan of the itoolkit interface either. It's heavily designed
appeal to RPGers, so if you understand RPG you should be able to
understand
the itoolkit, but it's not very Pythonic. It also seems to expect people
knowing a lot about how XML Service works.

Reading Tony's explanations can be pretty hard to understand if you've not

interacted with him very much. He's a very terse writer, so you have to
kind
of understand what he's saying to be able to "decompress" it in to
something
human-readable.

John, if you get something working, could you contribute to the wiki:
https://bitbucket.org/litmis/python-itoolkit/wiki/Home ? I'll try to add
some stuff as well when I can. I think it would be good to migrate off the
yips wiki as much as possible.