Here is a classic example of not marketing something.....One of the iSeries
core applications has been ERP....and while I wouldn't panic over the
Oracle/Peoplesoft/JDE situation I can't think that it bodes well for the
iSeries.

So, they put out the SAP solution editions:

"2-Way SAP Solution Edition (#7533)

The model 550 Solution Edition for mySAPâ ERP should be used with
qualifying SAP solution purchases to provide a more attractively priced
total solution. This edition is based on the 550 Standard Edition and does
not come with any enterprise enablement features.
Additional processor activations can be ordered for the 2-Way SAP Solution
Edition, however additional i5/OS licences cannot be ordered. The 2-Way SAP
Solution Edition (#7533) may be upgraded to the 4-Way SAP Solution Edition
(#7534).
Function
Support for multiple operating systems (i5/OS, AIX 5L, and Linux)
Support for Web modernization (enhanced Webfacing support)
Support for LPAR (up to ten partitions per processor)
Support for Capacity on Demand (including CUoD and On/Off Capacity on
Demand)
Hardware
Two processor activations
Software
Licensing for i5/OS (two processor licenses)

4-Way SAP Solution Edition (#7534)
The model 550 Solution Edition for mySAPâ ERP should be used with
qualifying SAP solution purchases to provide a more attractively priced
total solution. This edition is based on the 550 Standard Edition and does
not come with any enterprise enablement features.
Function
Support for multiple operating systems (i5/OS, AIX 5L, and Linux)
Support for Web modernization (enhanced Webfacing support)
Support for LPAR (up to ten partitions per processor)
Support for Capacity on Demand (including CUoD and On/Off Capacity on
Demand)
Hardware
Four processor activations
Software
Licensing for i5/OS (four processor licenses)"

Buried in the IBM announcements and this seems to be it.  No press release,
no industry coverage, etc.  None that I can find anyway.  Grrrrrrrrrrr, to
me these seem like golden opportunities to get the system name out there,
to get a positive spin, and extol the virtues of the system.  Does it
happen????????  And we aren't talking expensive TV commercials
either........

Michael Crump
Manager, Computing Services
Saint-Gobain Containers
1509 S. Macedonia Ave.
Muncie, IN  47302
(765)741-7696
(765)741-7012 f
(800)428-8642

"The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us
from the support of a cause we believe to be just"  Abraham Lincoln