Alan

I'm not out to convince you or anyone else. Your future is in your hands.
Have fun with it.
I have read enough on both sides of this issue for the last two years to
know where I stand.
If this is the first you heard of it, and Wolfathedoor is the only site you
have visited, I will weigh that in judging your opinion.

You want to talk about;
Coal Bed  Methane?
Hydrogen? It's a joke.  It is a energy conduit not a source(it's a net
energy sink as a matter of fact, ie it takes more to make it than it
produces)
Oil Shale?
Tar Sands?
Methane Hydrates?
Pipelines thru Georgia?  Thru The 'Stans?
Been there, read it.

You want to know the current reserve amount of oil under Saudi Arabia,
Iraq, Caspian, North Sea?
I know them off the top of my head.  Which estimate would you like? By
which source?

I have read ...   Lets say more than a few articles on this.

So, Don't you worry your little head about it Alan.  Everything is going to
be fine.
"They" will think of something to keep your SUV's or whatever you have
running.

 Alan, Here's a 'Couple of links'.   These are a few of what I have read.
 When you are done doing the minimum amount of research I'll talk to ya,
Till then.  You better watch your Nat Gas Price. It will be Double digits
before spring.

Again, If this is the first you have read,  Please don't waste my time.

Most Respectfully
John Carr

Fun Facts to know and tell:

Annual Oil Consumption = about one cubic mile
In everyday "English" units, 1997 total world oil consumption of 26.7
billion barrels was the equivalent of just over one cubic mile of oil:

Global oil use = 26.7 billion barrels per year (1997)
One barrel oil = 42 U.S. gallons
One cubic foot = 7.48 U.S. gallons
One cubic mile = 147.2 billion cubic feet

So,
(billions of barrels per year times gallons per barrel)
divided by (gallons per cubic foot times billions of cubic feet per cubic
mile)
equals (26.7 x 42) / (7.48 x 147.2) cubic miles,
or  = 1.02 cubic miles of oil during 1997.

Estimated worldwide oil reserves at the beginning of 2002 = 35 cubic miles.

US Geological Survey petroleum geologist, Les Magoon
http://www.oilcrisis.com/magoon/
http://geopubs.wr.usgs.gov/open-file/of00-320/
-------------
Alan You probably speak with more authorith than these guys.
http://www.hubbertpeak.com/experts/

Here's graphs of every oil producing country, their peak, Their total
production,
etc. Read the whole thing. Take a look at what the conclusions are.  It was
done in 1998.
http://www.dieoff.com/page133.htm

Read these real close if you use natural gas.

Matt is an Energy Investment Banker and is the CEO of the world's largest
Energy Investment Bank, Simmons & Company International. Its clients
include Halliburton; Baker, Botts, LLP; Dynegy; Kerr-McGee; and the World
Bank.  Simmons is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations and serves
on the National Petroleum Council's Natural Gas Task Force. (Ya, and he was
on Cheney's Energy Task Force too.)

Read this first one very slow  (notice what he says about Saudi Arabia at
the end)
http://solutions.synearth.net/2003/08/23

The orginial
http://www.fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/082103_blackout_summary.html
http://www.simmonsco-intl.com/files/HBS-Houston%20Club.pdf
http://www.simmonsco-intl.com/files/HBS-Houston%20Club.pdf
http://www.simmonsco-intl.com/files/IAEE%20Mini%20Conf.pdf
http://www.simmonsco-intl.com/files/Natural%20Gas%20Summit.pdf
http://www.simmonsco-intl.com/research.aspx?Type=news
----------------
Andrew Weissman is talking here. His resume is in the first paragraph.
http://www.financialsense.com/editorials/powers/2004/0104.html
http://www.forbes.com/business/newswire/2003/12/08/rtr1173758.html

http://www.museletter.com/archive/135.html
http://www.museletter.com/partys-over.html

http://pub38.ezboard.com/fdownstreamventurespetroleummarkets.showMessage?topicID=8174.topic
http://www.guardian.co.uk/print/0,3858,4809694-110373,00.html

Make sure you read the notes under the slide.
http://www.postcarbon.org/info/2003/06/JulianDarley.DC-CSIS.NatGasCrisis.2003-06-17_files/frame.htm
http://www.globalpublicmedia.com/SECTIONS/ENERGY/oil.depletion.php

Make sure you read the 3rd one.
http://www.energypulse.net/centers/article/article_display.cfm?a_id=557
http://www.energypulse.net/centers/article/article_display.cfm?a_id=556
http://www.energypulse.net/centers/article/article_display.cfm?a_id=558
http://pub38.ezboard.com/fdownstreamventurespetroleummarkets.showMessage?topicID=8077.topic

http://www.globeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/TPStory/LAC/20031215/RNATURAL15/TPBusiness/MoneyMarkets

http://www.stcwa.org.au/papers/data/oil_vuln.doc
http://www.fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/index-oil_energy.html
http://www.rferl.org/nca/features/2002/04/10042002090808.asp

>From New Zealand
http://www.geocities.com/RunningOnEmptyNZ/

Can ya do without this stuff Alan?
http://maguireenergy.cox.smu.edu/resources/learning/LCCh1.html

And this is where fertilizer comes from.  Natural Gas -> Ammonia
http://www.potashcorp.com/npk_markets/industry_overview/factors.zsp

Read Truth # 3 on this page
http://www.potashcorp.com/npk_markets/industry_overview/the_big_picture/

http://www.alternet.org/story.html?StoryID=17312

And these should do it.

http://www.culturechange.org/fall_of_petroleum_civilization.html
http://www.geocities.com/RunningOnEmptyNZ/
http://www.culturechange.org/issue19/peakoil.htm
http://healthandenergy.com/oil_crisis.htm
http://www.fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/081803_hydrogen_answers.html
http://www.fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/062303_nat_gas_crisis.html

Reference Sites

http://www.dieoff.com/
http://www.fromthewilderness.com
http://healthandenergy.com/world%20oil%20and%20gas.htm
http://healthandenergy.com/oil_crisis.htm
http://www.peakoil.net/
http://www.hubbertpeak.com/
http://www.simmonsco-intl.com/research.aspx?Type=news
http://www.geocities.com/RunningOnEmptyNZ/

These are the best two news groups on the subject.

http://pub38.ezboard.com/fdownstreamventurespetroleummarkets

And some stuff on China

China gas stations ration gas oil as demand surges
http://pub38.ezboard.com/fdownstreamventurespetroleummarkets.showMessage?topicID=7969.topic
http://www.forbes.com/home_europe/newswire/2003/11/17/rtr1149898.html

NOTE:  in the above article,  China gets oil from Africa.   Is there a
possible problem in the future if Bush and Blair think it's their oil??

UK and US in joint effort to secure African oil

The government is helping the US to secure a guaranteed supply of oil from
new sources in Africa and elsewhere, official documents obtained by the
Guardian reveal.

According to an internal memo to George Bush and Tony Blair, cooperation
between the two governments has already delivered "immediate...
 substantial
benefits".

The decision to act was taken at a private summit at the president's Texas
ranch in April last year.

http://politics.guardian.co.uk/foreignaffairs/story/0,11538,1084958,00.html
-
China oil demand outpaces forecasts, imports rocket

http://www.forbes.com/markets/commodities/newswire/2003/11/13/rtr1146492.html

The Paris-based IEA, the West's energy watchdog, estimated Chinese
net imports at 2.79 million barrels per day of crude and refined
products in September, up 676,000 bpd on the month.

September crude imports rose to 2.21 million bpd from August's 1.52
million bpd with products off just 10,000 bpd at 580,000 bpd.

Total net imports in the first three quarters of 2003 averaged 1.99
million bpd, up from 1.61 million bpd for all 2002.