Hi Jeff -

We were just notified via form letter from our ISP (Hypervine) that they are
changing business models and will no longer be providing the services we use
(DSL) after 1/31/2004.  They are also discontinuing web hosting services.
They are going to concentrate on dial-up and residential email.

Any suggestions where to go for a new ISP?  This is NE Indiana which is
Verizon (The DSL line is provided by Verizon.)

I assume that you can still get the DSL line through Verizon so you don't necessarily need to change your connectivity.

That said, I don't have any specific ISP recommendations (I'm in the process of bringing my personal server in-house), but two things to think about:

1. Don't link your web hosting and incoming email service to your connectivity.

Not only is there no reason why they have to be provided by the same organization (unless you get a really good price break), but I've found that keeping things split up is good. That way when you want/need to change companies for one part of the operation, you don't need to change the rest.

Personally, I have various aspects of my personal Internet processing spread across at least a half-dozen different companies.

2. Make sure that your outgoing email SMTP servers are part of a non-spam-friendly operation, otherwise you are likely to find some of your email being blocked.

--
Ken
http://www.ke9nr.net/