> From: jpcarr@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Joe
>
> Since you seemed interested in "Other stuff"
> I'll cross post something else that was on the CPF0000 list.

John, why aren't any of these claims picked up even in Iraqi newspapers?  Or
any other reputable yet anti-American news outlet - Indonesia, perhaps, or
the Arab States?

You find something on one website and it's "truth"?

And of all places, RENSE.COM?  Oh gz.  They're the National Enquirer of the
Internet.  Here's an example of the rense.com journalistic integrity:

http://www.rense.com/general34/strufo.htm

"On April 15, 2002, Gordon reports, two people traveling on Route 286 near
Clarksburg observed an elongated object about the size of a passenger bus
hovering at treetop level. The silent object's body appeared to be extremely
wide, and it had a very bright light at the front.

In Derry Township (Westmoreland County) in September, members of a family
reported observing a Bigfoot creature on two different occasions in a
heavily wooded area.

On the afternoon of Sept. 27, a driver was traveling on a back road and
heard a noise from the woods. The driver reportedly stopped the vehicle,
thinking that some deer were approaching.

Not so, as you may have guessed. "At a distance of about 145 feet, the
witness observed a tall man-like creature covered with long brown hair and
arms that hung down to the knees.

"The creature was estimated to be about 8 feet tall and took long steps as
it crossed a field. The driver watched as the creature crossed over a
barbed-wire fence with no hesitation or break in stride."

Gordon says he measured the fence and the top was 44 inches off the ground.

According to Gordon, Pennsylvania has a long history of observations of
strange animals, including Bigfoot, the Thunderbird (a giant bird), the
eastern cougar, and the black panther. (We always heard about a black
panther when we were kids, but we never knew anyone who saw one.)

Anyway, with the weather so bad and such, we might as well be out looking
for Bigfoot. If you find him (or her) Gordon wants you to give him a call at
(724) 838-7768 or e-mail him at paufo@xxxxxxxxxxx

In the meantime, here's a news item that'll perk you up - Friday the 13th
fell on a Thursday this month. Hoo-hah! "

Yeah, John, I'll believe what I want to believe, and you do the same, I
guess.

<sigh>