Bob Crothers wrote:

> As a fall back on a T1, you might be better off with ADSL.

I think you mean SDSL, ADSL is big download small upload. We did
try that when it first came out a year or two ago, sw bell could
not keep it going 24 hours at a time. We had it in for 6 months,
never could use it.

> Cable modems are very fast on the download side.  Aproaching 4.5 meg
> (in MY experience).  But the upload (outbound) is only in the 256k
> area.  For home use, this is not a problem.

That's true in the home version, but not the business version.

> So to replace a T1 that has servers on it, it might be a big
> restriction on your bandwidth.

Nope. At least not with COX.

> With DSL, and some providers, you can get 1meg+ both up and down.  Of
> course, if your DSL happens to be down when your T1 crashes, you don't
> have any benefit.  And they are probably both going thru the same CO
> over the same bundle of copper/fiber.
>
> Another issue might be that Cable companies are used to dealing with
> consumers.  Your needs as a business are a lot different.  Some DSL
> providers do have experience with buisness's.

Cox has a business section, we are giving them time to mature.
The real issues are control of DNS.

--
Brad Jensen brad@elstore.com
President

LaserVault Report Retrieval & Data Mining
www.Laservault.com

www.eufrates.com - Add distance learning to
your site with easy course preparation