DSL is better since you don't share, but it is often hard to get installed, and
many people (like in California) were shut off with
less than a weeks notice because their carrier went out of business.

Cable is a fine alternative for home users where DSL is not available.

Problem is, most of the times there is no business quality service available
(static IP's, some ports blocked, etc.)

I have not had an outage in over a year on Cablevision of NJ here in Jackson,
NJ.

I did installation myself, just as easy as hooking up another TV to cable,
plugged into my network card, done.  I was the first one
in my area to try it, had a few problems with line dropping, so cablevision was
here 3 times to fine tune the line outside my house
(that was for the whole block), but they were responsive and even came on
Saturday.

Art Tostaine, Jr.
CCA, Inc.
Jackson, NJ 08527