If that was directed at me, well, gosh, thanks for the praise.  But frankly, I
was just a squeaky wheel that perhaps "woke up" some of us (myself included) to
the fact that we had an opportunity to improve the reliability of midrange.com.
 Personally, I only contributed $10 and there were many others who pitched in
more than that.  If all 900 subscribers of the Midrange-L list had pitched in a
single dollar, that would have been right in the range for the type of hardware
mirroring being bandied about and maybe bought a few more months of the monthly
expenses David incurs, like the DSL account that we all know costs at least $60
per month.  Well, I'm starting to get squeaky again, so I'll stop. <g>

The fact is that many people pitched in, some with very generous contributions,
but all of which are important.  So, I would like to redirect the "You done
good!" to all who participated in this "list-a-thon"!

- Dan Bale

  Mark Villa <markvilla@knology.net> wrote: ~~~idea how this all turned out,
except by your $750 figure.
~~~Nothing in the archives yet, either.

You done good!

I was impressed by the further solidification of the group in the shadow of
the attacks on us all.

Years ago I hunted for info and this was it. You can't buy experience. It is
so cool to get a response that puts you back on the path.

Also as much as I would like to vote yes to protect us from non-iSeries
folks, inappropriate uses of our input, or someone causing the "end" of the
list, the truth is, no one understands what the messages say if unless they
are one of us.
And so, my theory on part of the reason that "open and free" works.

Mark Villa in Charleston