Alexei,

In a message dated 9/17/01 1:34:30 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
pytel@us.ibm.com writes:

> > Perhaps Justice is served by allying with the Northern Alliance under
>  some UN
>  > Muslim guarantee that the outside forces will withdraw when the Taliban
>  is
>  > vanquished & the nation left in the hands of the Northern Alliance.
>
>  bin Laden was US ally in fighting Soviets in Aphgan war.
>  Are you sure that Nothern Alliance leaders will not turn the same or worse
>  in the aftermath ?

I agree 120%.  Getting others to fight our "dirty little wars" is a major
reason that the US is hated so badly in the world.  Out of probably 1,000
dictators that ought to be in prison due to their actions under US sanction,
we have _ONE_ -- Noriega.  There is one way, and one way only to finish this.
 US troops must act, probably die, and ultimately triumph.  No "tin horn"
dictators, no "alliance", no "disinterested third parties".  Just red blooded
Americans doing what they signed on for -- fighting for freedom.  This will
be no "push button" or "Nintendo" war.  It will be a _REAL_ war where people
get hurt and die for reasons other than running their HumVee too fast across
a sand dune.

While I appreciate the offer of support from the world, _WAR_ has been
declared on the US and we can do whatever we friggin' _WANT_!  Can't use your
airspace?  Try and _STOP_ us!  Need to form a committee to discuss the use of
deadly force?  Make sure they're not meeting in the blast zone.  I am
concerned that these "alliances" are only going to lead to every country in
the world tacking their own "dirty little messes" onto the World Trade Center
bombing, and incinerating peoples that have nothing to do with this thing.
Heck, I'm concerned about elements within our own government doing it.

This is the first time in recent history that civilians not working in
military facilities of the United States of America have been attacked by a
foreign concern.  Pardon _US_ if we don't ask permission to kick the crap out
of those concerns...

JMHO,

Dean Asmussen
Enterprise Systems Consulting, Inc.