Thanks Michael, another software to look it.

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Michael Mayer
Sent: Friday, August 2, 2024 11:39 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ EXTERNAL ]Re: Possible to send a HOLD at PRINTER job from i?

I experienced this recently an office that was using "PaperCut" software to reign in printer costs. Associates would have to scan their badge on a printer to get access to the printer menu. From there they could then retrieve their output.

Respectfully,
Michael Mayer
IBM i on Power System Admin.
ERMCO-ECI
2225 Industrial Rd
Dyersburg, Tennessee 38024
Cell, Office and Text Messages: 518.641.8906
Email: michael.mayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
https://www.ermco-eci.com/
https://ermcopower.com/
IBM i Personal Blog Site: https://ibmireference.blogspot.com/
Awarded IBM 2024 Advocate, Contributor and Influencer Badges.

Today's Topics:

1. RE: [ EXTERNAL ]RE: [ EXTERNAL ]Re: [ EXTERNAL ]Re: [
EXTERNAL ]Re: Possible to send a HOLD at PRINTER job from i?
(Ken Meade via MIDRANGE-L)

message: 1
date: Fri, 2 Aug 2024 15:25:47 +0000
from: Ken Meade via MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: RE: [ EXTERNAL ]RE: [ EXTERNAL ]Re: [ EXTERNAL ]Re: [
EXTERNAL ]Re: Possible to send a HOLD at PRINTER job from i?

Vern,

Thanks much. I?ve never heard of a ID badge scanner on a printer, so this is all new to me. Going to be doing some investigation into that.
I?ll also take a look at the other info you sent to see if there is anything in there we aren?t already doing/aware of.

Ken