Hi Patrik

That does look similar in concept to the example I gave. That one could be generalized, I suppose, as a header file (or LF in this case) that is its own detail file - it has a format like this -

EMPLOYEEID EMPLNAME JOBTITLE MANAGERID (other things, such as email address)

It's really an employee file, with employee-specific data, including a relationship to another management level.

Isn't this also similar to a bill-of-materials for building something, especially where different components can have some of the same parts?

Another shot in the dark - would matching records between overridden PFs do what you want? You're closer to that kind of thing, I've not done matching records since school in 1989.

Cheers
Vern